- KARTHIK B
- Born in Neyveli, Tamilnadu. Studied in Karaikudi, Madurai and Coimbatore, EHS Professional. Global MINDSET due to Worldwide travel over last 18 years.Passionate about Cricket;stopped active following after Clive Lloyd Retired in 1985. One of the saddest day was India winning the cricket world cup in 1983, still can't fathom how West Indies Lost. I am told India won again in 2011.... Who cares...Yes, TEST CRICKET is fascinating to spend some time. Only watch ASHES. Rest all JUNK..
Married Lalitha on 18th Jan 1991( The day Bush Sr Bombed Baghdad in Desert Storm I) Always believed marry and love rather than the other way. Blessed with a Son and Daughter.
Not seen an Indian movie since 1989. I feel they are waste of time; no take home messages. ( Never taken wife and children to movies,So no movie with wife & children barring 3; Titanic and Spider man; AVATAR for meeting the family get together obligations). Consider watching Indian TV Channels a criminal waste of time and miracle if I spent 10 min before TV. (Follow essential information through Web). The least said about Indian TV Paid NEWS.
Active listening to podcast on Science, religion, Management. Ipod 2007, 80Gb, worth investment in GOLD. Non Fiction is a good way to go. As for Fiction, like Dan Brown, Grisham. Staying away from Indian magazines too. The Hindu, Mint are an exception. Subscription to Economist, Fortune, HBR prints helps reading and follow RSS for information.Yes on 16th Oct 2010, IPAD became an additional family member. Changed life for better.
I listen to Music of 70s and 80s,Must listen are Aha; Abba; Carpenters; REO Speed Wagon, Eagles, Pet shop boys that kind. Tamil music of 70s is also OK. Illayaraja I like. Hindi too Mukesh, Rafi.....
My Son is also active blogger; studies BE (Information Technology) at REC,Surathkal,(A chance for me to visit Mangalore after 12 years!!!) Daughter B.Com III year at St.Joseph's College, She finished her CA Inter (First Attempt!!) Feel proud that Children do well......
Political affiliation Right; A Republican..... Extreme Narendra Modi Follower . Tracking Subramania Swamy from I was 12 years old! (His escape during Emergency 1975) Strong Government Skeptic.Hope Romney makes it with Ryan ( I predicted "RYAN"rightly 135 days before event!!!). No such hope for BJP for short term of 10 years, they seem to going off the rails. UK verdict May 2010 very disappointing as Tory Follower.
Firm believer in Women are better people managers than man they do a good understanding. (More so on one on ones,being a boss) Experienced it for 7 years and felt good about it. Also I feel the country's growth is directly linked to woman empowerment. Golda Meir and Margaret Thatcher inspired me a lot in my teens.
5 Overwhelming moments
1) Seeing India from Pakistan side of Wagah Border 2001 July. My Friend Zahid Islam arranged this. You can take an Indian out of India but you cant TAKE India out of an Indian.
2) JFK Museum in Boston Nov 2001. Just too much to bear.
3) Being a Reagan Admirer, thrilled to spend time at his Birth place Dixon, Illinois in 2003.
4) La Sagrada Familia Never stopping construction Church in Barcelona going on and on. It just swallows you.
5) 11th Sep 2001, at Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore Pakistan, too much to take....
Stay in touch and you can contact me thro email Karaikudy@hotmail.comUpdated 2nd Sep 2012. (Linked in 2000 connection today!!).